"Who will love a little Sparrow? Who's traveled far and cries for rest? "Not I," said the Oak Tree, "I won't share my branches with no sparrow's nest, And my blanket of leaves won't warm her cold breast." Who will love a little Sparrow And who will speak a kindly word? "Not I," said the Swan, "The entire idea is utterly absurd, I'd be laughed at and scorned if the other Swans heard." Who will take pity in his heart, And who will feed a starving sparrow? "Not I," said the Golden Wheat, "I would if I could but I cannot I know, I need all my grain to prosper and grow." Who will love a little Sparrow? Will no one write her eulogy? "I will," said the Earth, "For all I've created returns unto me, From dust were ye made and dust ye shall be."Sparrow, performed by Simon and Garfunkle.
- Who is the sparrow in the world today - working hard and needing somewhere to slow down, seek shelter and rest?
- Who acts like the Oak tree - Selfish with their resources and deciding their resources won't help?
- Who acts like the Swan - Scoffing, dismissive and thinking more about what other people think than the needs of the person crying out for help?
- Who acts like the Wheat - Full of excuses and ultimatly acting in a selfish way to only better their own needs?
- Who opens themselves up and acts like the earth?