Saturday, August 11, 2007

The Hardest Thing to Do

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
I was in an interesting discussion about Biblical Interpretation this week. As we strolled through a variety of issues and approaches I was left reflecting upon which passage within the bible is the hardest to live upto. As humans we can delight in free will and many of us can delight in having a free mind. Free to explore think and say what we want. Yet if one is to use the Bible as a guide or a rule book, a handy relevant reference or historical document the way one chooses to live out the message is of note. Therefore I wish to throw out to all you readers, regular and passer by, the challenge of which Bible passage you struggle the most to live upto. This is not a space to say I disagree with X or Y but instead to say I get passage Z but I struggle to live it out. For me it has to be 1 Corinthians 13 1-13. Take Care Y'All John

No comments:

Post a Comment