Wednesday, November 09, 2005

What a difference a day makes

That is the face of a man who's time is rapidly running out. I never thought I would be able to type that but that is what has happened. For those of you unaware what I am prattling on about, Tony Blair has been defeated in a vote in Parliament. The first defeat in 8 years of governance. This defeat was major because he was doing a "I stake my premiership" speech on it. So what was defeated? As part of the governments "War on Terror" (surly Muslims, editor) the government wanted to be able to detain people without a charge for more than the current 14 days to 90 days. That is the equivalent of a 6 month jail sentance for no crime at all. Whilst you could claim no smoke without fire I would counter that and say that this country cannot build its legal system from a new basis of guilty till proven innocent when it works on innoncence with the onus on being proved guilty. The whole incident smacked of the dying days of John Major and his government. Particularily when Brown was flown back in on a 3 line whip, as was Straw. Anyone else smell the whiff of desperation? Has the Y Fronts firmly been placed on the Blair premiership then? As the news broke I was texted about it and texted out which lead me to reflect upon this. What will tony blair be recieving as texts tonight then? All guesses leave as comments, don't forget I can take annons as well as fellow bloggers. Take care y'all John

2 comments:

  1. "See, I told you so! Cherie xx"

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this blog with an interesting theory!

    http://blog.dave.org.uk/archives/000843.html

    ReplyDelete